Website Royal Mail
Five centuries in business has made Royal Mail more than a household name. We connect companies, customers and communities across the country, delivering a ‘one-price-goes-anywhere’, universal postal service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
Our market is changing, but as one of the UK’s leading companies we are focused on achieving our vision of being recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe. We want to be more commercial, flexible and efficient and are employing our strong brand and a range of new products and services to achieve this.
- Salary: From £33,464 p.a.up to £39,606 p.a.(dependent on experience) . This shift pattern will attract a shift allowance of £361.07 per month.
- 36.5 hours per week – Full time. This is a role which covers early, late and night shifts of other Engineers as well as some weekend cover on a rotational basis. A high degree of flexibility is required.
- We are looking to offer Permanent contracts.
- Reporting to the Engineering Team Coach on a rotating shift basis, you will be responsible for performing corrective/preventive maintenance tasks compliant with Asset Care Schedules and recognised diagnostic procedures to resolve automation asset faults and breakdowns.
- Provide effective and efficient support to the Plant Engineering Manager, Maintenance Team Leader and Engineering Team Coaches, including input into the compilation of end of shift reports, root cause analysis, fault logging and data entry.
- Perform day-to-day delivery of maintenance tasks, specifically preventative/predictive maintenance, and corrective maintenance and conduct performance improvement initiatives.
Qualification & Experience:
- Monitor and review day-to-day equipment performance and improve automation outputs in partnership with operations.
- Identify the root cause of automation faults/breakdowns and prioritize corrective actions to meet operational processing objectives in association with team leaders, making full use of the relevant central support systems.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Production Engineering
Job Location: Borough of North Tyneside, GB
Application Deadline: N/A