Website Chevron Corporation
Chevron’s Energy Technology Company (ETC) provides subject matter experts (SMEs) to the company and joint venture operations around the world. The Materials and Equipment Engineering and Services Unit in the Downstream Technology & Services Department of ETC is seeking a qualified metallurgical/materials/corrosion engineer with 20+ years of experience related to materials and corrosion within the downstream (petroleum refining or chemical processing) segment of the oil and gas industry. The candidate will be expected to provide materials and corrosion engineering consulting services to Chevron refineries, joint venture refineries, complex process facilities, and capital projects.
- Mentoring and delivering formalized metallurgy & corrosion training to less experienced engineers and inspectors.
- Refinery process unit corrosion/damage mechanism reviews, risk-based inspection assessments, integrity operating window selection, inspection plan reviews and review of their findings.
- Updating or development and deploying corporate programs such as Wet H2S, Sulfidation, and HTHA.
- Communicating, both written and orally, with all levels of the organization. Giving effective, influential presentations
- Materials selection, corrosion monitoring and control, failure analysis, welding and fabrication troubleshooting, mechanical design review, and equipment repair strategies’ preparation.
- Development and review of Chevron engineering specifications relating to materials and corrosion.
- Proactive, self-starter who works with minimal supervision and can handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Ability to set realistic goals and fully complete work plans on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and problem-solving skills in industrial business environments.
- Proven knowledge of assessment and evaluation of new technology.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization (field craft workers to senior management).
- Demonstrate role model behavior supporting Chevron principles and values, including support for diversity, leadership, teamwork, customer focus, and personal/process safety.
- Knowledge of internationally recognized design codes and industry standards on metallic equipment and degradation mechanisms, including API and ASME.
- Professional Engineering registration.
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of refinery processes and fixed equipment damage mechanisms, materials selection, failure analysis, fitness for service, optimized field repairs, interpretation of inspection data, and mechanical design.
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Corrosion Engineering, or Welding Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years industrial experience in the role of refining materials/corrosion engineer.
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering Information Technology
Job Location: Richmond, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A