As a Diesel Truck/Trailer Mechanic at Walmart Supply Chain, you will be performing preventative maintenance and repairs on tractor and trailer equipment. Your responsibilities will include completing work orders with proper coding such as reason for repair, detailed description of condition, cause, and correction, as well as properly completing the warranty process. Safety, accuracy and attention to detail are critical in these roles.
- Correctly completes complex work orders with proper coding (for example, Reason for Repair (RFR), American Trucking Association (ATA)), description of condition, cause, and correction, including properly completing a warranty return tag as needed.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment to ensure safety and compliance.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs fleet equipment safely and correctly. Conducts failure analysis, repairs, and rebuilds fleet equipment components correctly.
- Informs management about housekeeping opportunities, harmful working conditions, and unsafe work practices, and suggests corrective actions.
- Identifies and informs management of broken tools and missing supplies required for performing repairs on fleet equipment, and takes steps to solve issue if possible.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Performed additional duties as assigned.
Qualification & Experience:
- Brake inspection qualified as defined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, Section 396.25.
- Vehicle Inspection qualified as defined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, Section 396.19.
- 2 years’ experience in tractor and trailer inspection and repair OR a technical school degree, or certification in Heavy Duty Truck/Trailer Maintenance.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lafayette, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A