Website ShopRite Supermarkets
To deliver a great customer experience while taking Customers orders off of the ShopRite website, selecting their order and communicating any issues with the Customers; to bag the orders, pack it in totes, store accordingly, bill the order, transport to the Customer’s car and take payment.
- Be able to substitute comparable items when a Customer’s item is out of stock. This requires excellent communication skills via phone & in person.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Accurately collect proper payment and provide proper change.
- Properly bag Customer’s orders safely and efficiently.
- Understand operation of cash register and follow all cash handling procedures, if applicable.
- Be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried in the store.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Accurately identify products from various departments.
- Ability to make change with all denominations of American currency.
- Be knowledgeable in picking top quality perishable items.
- Process all forms of payments (i.e. cash, credit, checks, EBT, WIC, rain checks, coupons, vouchers, gift cards, etc.).
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
Qualification & Experience:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, and slicing machines.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
Company: ShopRite Supermarkets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management Manufacturing
Job Location: Oakland, NJ
Application Deadline: N/A