Website ShopRite Supermarkets
To deliver a great customer experience while assisting the full-time Attendant in the daily operation of the Playhouse and to provide guidance in a safe, educational and fun environment, and to maintain all Company standards of safety and cleanliness.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Assist the full-time Attendant with the responsibilities of the Playhouse, and oversee the safety of the children visiting the Playhouse.
- Maintain all record keeping and paperwork; registering, recording visits, daily head count logs/weekly totals and cleaning checklists.
- Supervise and interact with the children by participating in group storytelling, coloring, playing board or computer games, special projects (Holidays), and educational and fun videos.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations pertaining to the Scrunchy’s Playhouse operation.
- Check children in and out of the Playhouse via computer system.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department Sanitation and QA standards.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Ability to adhere to all Company policies.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to monitor and entertain children between the ages of 3 and 9.
- Ability to assist Customers.
- Ability to stand/walk for duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
Qualification & Experience:
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, and slicing machine.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Front End operations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
Company: ShopRite Supermarkets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management Manufacturing
Job Location: Stamford, CT
Application Deadline: N/A