Website ShopRite Supermarkets
To deliver a great customer experience and confidentiality while being accurate, friendly and efficient; to accurately scan, price and bag products; to collect proper payment; and to provide proper change if necessary; to process Customer returns accurately and in accordance with Company policy; to answer Customer inquiries by phone or in-person in a friendly and professional manner; and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
- Perform price check functions, if needed.
- Understand operation of cash register and follow all cash handling procedures, if applicable.
- Knowledgeable about the various types of products carried in the store.
- Answer phone promptly and in a professional manner and direct as Company policies dictate, issue refunds and Price Plus cards.
- Sort and return “return to stock” items back to normal location with priority; attention given to refrigerated and perishable items.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Perform Scanrites according to Company procedures.
- Handle all damaged merchandise in accordance with Company procedures.
- Enter Customer information into database for eligibility of Wakefern programs.
- Be familiar with the functions of digital processing equipment and be able to differentiate between various types of images and related merchandise, if applicable.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- Issue and keep information involving rain checks updated.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
Qualification & Experience:
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Courtesy Desk operations.
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to Front-End operations.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy to include uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
Company: ShopRite Supermarkets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Administrative
Job Location: Edison, NJ
Application Deadline: N/A