Website ShopRite Supermarkets
To deliver a great customer experience while handling all forms of tender, reporting store sales, handling deposits, receipts, crediting of store funds and complying with Company security procedures; to maintain equipment and supplies, and assist Courtesy Counter Associates as needed.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Record store sales and hourly readings.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to departmental operations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Understand operation of cash register and follow all cash handling procedures.
- Make change with all denominations of American currency.
- Keep floor clean of debris and spills.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to Bookkeeping operation.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils & equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Adhere to security policies and procedures (i.e. spot checks, pickups, coupons, cash room integrity).
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine housekeeping duties.
Qualification & Experience:
- Reporting any suspicious activity or mishandling of funds.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Responsible for daily balancing of drawers, house fund, lottery and other areas as necessary.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Must be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried in the store.
- Proper ordering of supplies and change.
- Be familiar with the functions of the digital processing equipment and be able to differentiate between various types of images and related merchandise (if applicable).
Company: ShopRite Supermarkets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting/Auditing Finance
Job Location: Slingerlands, NY
Application Deadline: N/A