Website ShopRite Supermarkets
To effectively direct and supervise all functions and activities of the CGO Department and its Associates to achieve the Department’s goals (i.e. sales, profit, Customer Experience, and Associate Engagement) in accordance with our Purpose and Service Priorities under the direction of the General Store Manager.
- Supervise the proper use of all equipment by Associates, including Personal Protective Equipment.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Observe all safety regulations when operating equipment and utilize Personal Protective Equipment.
- Clearly communicate and consistently enforce department and Company safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all Company policies and programs, and all Local, State, and Federal laws and regulations, including all environmental, health, safety and security
- policies, programs, laws and regulations.
- Understand and adhere to all procedures in emergency situations.
- Use and maintain equipment in good working order; immediately advise Store Management of any maintenance or equipment problems.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment in accordance with Department QA standards.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to climb a ladder to retrieve items from overhead racking and storage areas.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 60 lbs.
Qualification & Experience:
- Monitor CGO storage area for cleanliness, neatness, and preparation for next shift.
- Ensure Unit Price Labels (tags) for all items are maintained and are current
- In collaboration with Department Managers, ensure all merchandise is fully stocked and rotated in display cases, shelves and other applicable displays according to tag allocation and department standards.
- Portray a professional appearance and be a positive role model for all Associates in the department in accordance with the Company Dress Code Policy.
- In collaboration with Department Managers, ensure all product is blocked and faced in accordance with Company policy or as assigned.
- In collaboration with Department Managers, ensure that featured sale merchandise is signed in accordance with Company and regulatory standards.
Company: ShopRite Supermarkets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Stratford, CT
Application Deadline: N/A