To troubleshoot, maintain and enhance the accuracy, reliability and system control’s data credibility of PLC and PC based automation systems. Effectively utilize building management system’s interface tools and equipment to achieve efficiency. Communicate and partner with internal engineering staff and equipment vendors.
- Coordinate with vendors, installation of electrical or controls; as instructed.
- Maintain accurate record keeping such as: work orders, timesheets, parts requests.
- Maintain parts procedure and inventory control
- Exhibit the ability to troubleshoot and perform basic design of PLC logic, operator interface terminal, energy management systems and electrical installations.
- Statistically interpret and improve automated system’s performance parameters, at macro/micro level.
- Perform Preventive Maintainance for controls and systematize electrical/control parts inventory.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Familiarity with current National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Strong ability to read manuals and understand functionality of instrumentation and use of configuring software.
- Functional (intermediate) understanding of electrical circuits, in reference to industrial automation.
- Ability to use process meter and operate oscilloscope.
- Functional familiarity with HVAC principles for Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Connect, test, and maintain electrical systems for a variety of purposes, including climate control, security and communications.
- Knowledgeable in the assembly of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems, robotic operation and vision systems and the ability to assemble new equipment; and modify existing manufacturing equipment.
- Understanding of 3 phase distribution and 3 phase power transmission system.
- Functional knowledge in configuring instrumentation, referring to manufacturer documentation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must place the utmost importance on working safely, and maintain a safe work environment for yourself and others, at all times
- Understanding of PLC Hardware: Pico Controllers, MicroLogix 1500, CompactLogix, ControlLogix and SLC 500 systems. 1794 Flex I/O system.
- Must be flexible to work any shift and/or weekends as scheduled.
- Exhibit the ability to work independently, safely and with limited supervision.
- Familiarity would be a plus with: WAGO-I/O System, Siemens Simatic Step 7, Controller Area Network (CAN), B&R X67 I/O system.
- Familiarity: electrical construction and configuration (hardware/software) of basic electrical components used in automation systems: Solenoids – Beacons – Proximity Switches, etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering Information Technology
Job Location: Perris, CA
Application Deadline: N/A